Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) Training - online via Zoom
Time & Location
About the Event
What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST)?
CST is an evidence-based group treatment for people with mild to moderate dementia. It involves 14 or more sessions of stimulating, themed activities, based around more complex principles including learning theory and person-centred care. CST can be extended into a longer-term treatment and can be offered to a range of clients including outpatients and people in residential or day care.
What does the training involve?
Training is led by a Clinical Psychologists with extensive experience in offering CST. Training is interactive, involving group exercises, role-play and video observation as well as some ‘teaching’.
To give learners an overview of how to deliver Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST). CST is a brief evidence-based group treatment for people with dementia. This interactive course will include a background about CST and how it can be used, research overview and detailed presentation of the treatment, including DVD footage and role-play.
- Reflect on some different perspectives of dementia
- Consider key psychosocial approaches for dementia
- Learn about how CST was designed and evaluated
- Be familiar with the 14 CST sessions, through session clips and role-play
- Understand how to apply the key principles to CST
- Develop a plan for running CST groups, which considers issues around implementation.
Training facilitator: Dr Gemma Ridel
Dr Gemma Ridel is a clinical psychologist currently working with people with dementia in Norfolk. She also lectures on the University of East Anglia Clinical Psychology Doctoral Programme. She has extensive experience of teaching, supervising and running CST groups. She was involved with the Individual Cognitive Stimulation Therapy trial, as Norfolk was one of the sites in the randomised controlled trial. She has provided many CST training workshops and conference presentations in the UK and Ireland.
- CST Training Online Ticket£100+£2.50 Service fee£100+£2.50 Service fee0£0