Level 2 ‘Award in Awareness of Dementia’ OCNLR
Qualification No: 600/9121/6
Time & Location
10 May 2021, 14:00 – 16:30
About the Event
The Level 2 ‘Award in Awareness of Dementia’ OCNLR has been developed in partnership with Skills for Care. The qualification forms part of a suite of qualifications in dementia care that have been designed to support government strategies to increase knowledge, understanding and skills in caring for people living with dementia.
The qualifications support the changing needs within the sector and are part of the Workforce Development Plan established through the National Dementia Strategy Project (England) 2009 and the Prime Minister’s Dementia Challenge 2015. Development of dementia awareness and understanding amongst the frontline health and care workforce will enhance the quality of services provided to people living with dementia and their families.
The programme is suitable for all those who are working with people living with dementia, for example as a dementia carer, care worker, healthcare assistant, support/key worker and many other roles.
The programme is delivered online and consists of the following four units:
(Ofqual Unit Ref No: A/617/5005)
· Understand what dementia is.
· Understand the most common types of dementia.
· Understand factors relating to an individual’s experience of dementia.
‘The Person-Centred Approach to Dementia Care’
(Ofqual Unit Ref No: F/617/5006)
· Understand approaches that enable individuals with dementia to experience wellbeing.
· Understand the role and needs of carers of individuals with dementia.
· Understand the roles of others in the support of individuals with dementia.
‘Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care’
(Ofqual Unit Ref No: J/617/5007)
· Understand and appreciate the importance of diversity of individuals with dementia.
· Understand and uphold the rights of individuals with dementia.
· Understand ways of working with a diverse range of individuals who have dementia to ensure needs are met.
‘Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia’
(Ofqual Unit Ref No: T/617/5004)
· Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia.
· Understand how to interpret the communication of individuals with dementia.
· Understand how to communicate positively and effectively with individuals who have dementia.
Each unit will be taught via two webinars, so there will be 8 webinars in total. All webinars will start at 2.00pm and finish at 4.30pm.
Webinars for the next programme to be delivered will take place on the following dates:
Unit A/617/5005-‘Dementia Awareness’
- 10th May 2021 –Part 1
- 17th May 2021 –Part 2
Unit F/617/5006-‘The Person-Centred Approach to Dementia Care’
- 7th June 2021 –Part 1
- 14th June 2021 –Part 2
Unit J/67/5007-‘Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care’
- 5th July 2021 –Part 1
- 12th July 2021 –Part 2
Unit T/617/5004-‘Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia’
- 6th September 2021 –Part 1
- 13th September 2021 –Part 2
These four mandatory units make up the Level 2 ‘Award in Awareness of Dementia’ OCNLR. On successful completion of the programme, eight (8) credits will be awarded by the accrediting body, the Open College Network London Region (OCNLR). The learner fee is £290.00. Delegates can apply to undertake the qualification by emailing email@example.com
If you have any questions about the course or would like to talk to someone about whether or not it is suitable for your development needs, please call Barbara Stephens on 07774 935905 or email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Award£290.00