Time & Location
01 May 2024, 16:00 – 17:30
About the Event
As a resource, the Life Story Book is designed in a pick-and-choose format to ensure complete flexibility. The different sections and prompt cards are designed to spark conversations and stories, and there is plenty of room to add your own photos, cuttings, and other life treasures to build a Life Story Book that is completely unique.
The Life Story Book can be used in the community by individuals, couples, and families, as well in residential care settings. While the resource is designed especially with people living with dementia in mind, it is possible to use the resource throughout the life course.
This workshop is aimed at people living with dementia, their carers and everybody working in the filed of dementia care.
How to prepare for the workshop: while there is no specific preparation, participants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the resource.
What do I need for the workshop: we will send you a free resource pack including the Life Story Book in advance.
The workshop is free but if you can donate, it will help us to continue to deliver this programme and others like it.
- Meet with other people planning to use the Life Story Book
- Consider some benefits of Life Story Work and identify possible barriers
- Participate in exercises which identify, capture and share aspects of our life stories
- Discuss and share ideas of how to use the Life Story Book
- Plan the next practical steps to use the Life Story Book
This workshop will be run by Charlotte Evans. Inspired by the time she spent with her Gran, Charlotte founded social enterprise Story Chaplain, which encourages and equips people to use everyday creativity when spending time with people living with dementia. Charlotte holds an MA in Bibliotherapy (fiction therapy), and uses 'Comfort Words', poems and creative writing in her workshops. Charlotte often uses connection with nature and the seasons to encourage meaningful moments’.
When booking your ticket for this session, please ensure that you choose the correct ticket type:
- UK delegates - this ticket type is for anyone based in the United Kingdom
- International delegates - this ticket type is for anyone based outside of the United Kingdom and shipment of resources pack fee applies
Once you have registered the Zoom invitation will be sent to you, as well as a reminder on the day of each workshop. The Zoom meeting will open 5 minutes before each session for a start at 10am and we will finish promptly at 12.00pm.